Get your course approved for ASHA Credit!
Conducting a Cooperative Offering
If you want to offer ASHA CEUs for an upcoming course but are not ready (or there is insufficient time) to apply for ASHA Approved CE Provider status, conducting a cooperative offering with Oklahoma Speech-Language-Hearing Association (OSHA) is the way to go! Oklahoma Speech-Language-Hearing Association is one of only three ASHA Approved CE Providers in the state.
Do you need help getting your course or conference approved for ASHA CE Credit? Let us help you!
Why Conduct a Cooperative CE Offering?
Exposure and Recognition
Over 173,070 professionals each year look for the ASHA CE Provider Brand Block when seeking continuing education programs to meet their needs. The ASHA CE Provider Brand Block indicates that the program meets high standards and offers ASHA CEUs that are applicable toward licensure renewal, career advancement, and the ASHA Award for Continuing Education (ACE). Because your organization's course will be registered on the ASHA CE Registry, it will be listed on ASHA' s Web site through the ASHA CEFind, a searchable database that lists only CE courses that are being offered by ASHA Approved CE Providers. ASHA CEFind is updated frequently and provides individuals with access to the more than 33,000 course offerings registered annually with the ASHA CE Registry.
What are the Steps?
Thank you for your interest in obtaining ASHA approval for an upcoming course or conference! We are happy to help you, as an approved ASHA CE Administrator for Oklahoma.
The process is easy, but also exact. You must follow all the steps as described and within the timeline given.
- ASHA charges a $400 Cooperative Fee. This goes directly to the national organization and does not directly benefit the Oklahoma chapter. This fee will be invoiced upon the initial application submission.
- Oklahoma Speech-Language-Hearing Association, charges a small per registrant fee to cover our administrative costs. This fee will be invoiced following the course, once your organization submits the course participation report (see more info below).
- For one-day courses: $5 per registrant ($250 minimum)
- For two-day courses: $10 per registrant ($500 minimum)
- Send the following items to OSHA via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, in ONE message. These items must be received by OSHA 90 days prior to the course/conference.
- Course/Conference Agenda, which must include the ASHA Approved CE Provider Brand Block (see details below)
- Speaker Bios
- Speaker Financial and Non-Financial Disclosure Statements (more details available HERE)
- Learning Objectives for the Conference
- Add ASHA Approved CE Provider Brand Block and CEU Sentence to ALL course/conference promotional documents, both print and electronic.
- Download the ASHA Brand Block HERE. You can review the complete guidelines for usage HERE.
- Once you download the Brand Block, insert the number of ASHA CEUs and the Level of instruction, and save the file in a format you can use in your promotional materials.
- You will fill-in the blank with the maximum number of CEUs an attendee can obtain at your course/conference.
- CEUs are noted in in decimals. For instance, 0.65 CEU = 6 1/2 hours and 1.25 CEU = 12 1/2 hours, etc.
- Pay the $400 Cooperative Fee (if you haven't already paid by credit card online).
RECEIVE ASHA APPROVAL CONFIRMATION:
Once all the materials and payment are received, your information will be submitted to ASHA. ASHA will review the materials and may require additional information or request changes. We will communicate with you directly to resolve any issues that arise. When we receive confirmation of final approval from ASHA, we will notify you (an email will come from email@example.com, so be sure to check your spam/junk folders).
During the course/conference, it's important that you keep complete records of attendance, as follows (Note that CE Participant bubble forms are no longer required):
- Be sure you obtain Name, Mailing Address, Email and ASHA ID from each registrant
- On the day of the course, provide a sign-in sheet with space for attendee Names and Contact Info (phone &/or email). Make sure all attendees sign the sheet.
SUBMIT SIGN-IN SHEET AND REPORT OF COURSE PARTICIPANTS:
Within 10 days following the course, promptly submit a Report of Course Participants and your Sign-In Sheet to OSHA:
- Make a copy of your Sign-In Sheet. Keep one copy for your records, then scan and email a second copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create a Report of Course Participants using the Excel spreadsheet template provided in the link. Include all course attendees who wish to participate in the ASHA CE Registry. Fill in the required information for each participant, then email to email@example.com.
When OSHA receives your completed CE Participation Forms, we will process and send to ASHA for recording. ASHA must receive all files within 45 days following the course.
AWAIT ASHA ROSTER:
At this point, ASHA will process the forms and record the CEUs for each participant. BE PATIENT! It can take several weeks before the credits appear on participants' transcripts.
If you have any questions along the way, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.