Thank you for your interest in obtaining ASHA approval for an upcoming course or conference! We are happy to help you, as the ASHA CE Administrators for Oklahoma.
The process is easy, but also exact. You must follow all the steps as described and within the timeline given.
- Fill-in our online Registration Form (See button below), which includes Name/Date/Time of course or conference and number of CE hours being requested for approval.
- Send the following items to OSHA via email, firstname.lastname@example.org. These items must be received by OSHA 90 days prior to the course/conference.
- Course/Conference Agenda, which must include the ASHA Approved CE Provider Brand Block and CEU Sentence (see details below)
- Speaker Bios
- Speaker Financial and Non-Financial Disclosure Statements (more details available HERE)
- Learning Objectives for the Conference
- Add ASHA Approved CE Provider Brand Block and CEU Sentence to ALL course/conference promotional documents, both print and electronic.
- Download the ASHA Brand Block HERE. Complete Guidelines HERE.
- The CEU Sentence: "This course is offered for ____ ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level, Professional Area)."
- The CEU Sentence must be one of two places. Either, 1) Place the sentence above, below or next to the Brand Block, or 2) Place the sentence next to the Course Description on the promotional materials.
- You will fill-in the blank with the maximum number of CEUs an attendee can obtain at your course/conference.
- CEUs are noted in in decimals. For instance, 0.65 CEU = 6 1/2 hours and 1.25 CEU = 12 1/2 hours, etc.
- Pay the $325 Cooperative Fee.
Once all the materials and payment are received, your information will be submitted to ASHA. When we receive confirmation of approval from ASHA, we will notify the contact you provide (an email will come from email@example.com, so be sure to check your spam/junk folders).
During the course/conference, it's important that you keep complete records of attendance, as follows:
- Provide a sign-in sheet with space for attendee Names and Contact Info (phone &/or email). Make sure all attendees sign the sheet.
- All attendees should complete a CE Participation Form following the course, and return them to you, the course/conference organizer.
RETURN CE PARTICIPATION FORMS:
Within 10 days following the course, promptly record and submit the CE Participation Forms completed by all attendees:
- Make a single copy of the CE Participation Forms and Sign-In Sheet. Keep these for your records.
- Alphabetize the forms by last name.
- Scan the alphabetized forms and email them (in one file) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail the original forms and sign-in sheet to OSHA at 3126 S. Boulevard St., #180, Edmond, OK 73013
When OSHA receives your completed CE Participation Forms, we will process the forms and send to ASHA for recording. ASHA must receive all forms within 45 days following the course.
AWAIT ASHA ROSTER:
At this point, ASHA will process the forms and record the CEUs for each participant. BE PATIENT! It can take several weeks before the credits appear on participants' transcripts.