Thank you for your interest in obtaining ASHA approval for an upcoming course or conference! We are happy to help you, as the ASHA CE Administrators for Oklahoma.
The process is easy, but also exact. You must follow all the steps as described and within the timeline given.
- ASHA charges a $400 Cooperative Fee. This goes directly to the national organization and does not directly benefit the Oklahoma chapter. This fee will be invoiced upon the initial application submission.
- Oklahoma Speech-Language-Hearing Association, charges a small per registrant fee to cover our administrative costs. This fee will be invoiced following the course, once your organization submits the course participation report (see more info below).
- For one-day courses: $5 per registrant ($250 minimum)
- For two-day courses: $10 per registrant ($500 minimum)
- Fill-in our online Registration Form (See button below), which includes Name/Date/Time of course or conference and number of CE hours being requested for approval.
- Send the following items to OSHA via email, firstname.lastname@example.org. These items must be received by OSHA 90 days prior to the course/conference.
- Course/Conference Agenda, which must include the ASHA Approved CE Provider Brand Block (see details below)
- Speaker Bios
- Speaker Financial and Non-Financial Disclosure Statements (more details available HERE)
- Learning Objectives for the Conference
- Add ASHA Approved CE Provider Brand Block and CEU Sentence to ALL course/conference promotional documents, both print and electronic.
- Download the ASHA Brand Block HERE. You can review the complete guidelines for usage HERE..
- Once you download the Brand Block, insert the number of ASHA CEUs and the Level of instruction, and save the file in a format you can use in your promotional materials.
- You will fill-in the blank with the maximum number of CEUs an attendee can obtain at your course/conference.
- CEUs are noted in in decimals. For instance, 0.65 CEU = 6 1/2 hours and 1.25 CEU = 12 1/2 hours, etc.
- Pay the $400 Cooperative Fee.
Once all the materials and payment are received, your information will be submitted to ASHA. When we receive confirmation of approval from ASHA, we will notify the contact you provide (an email will come from email@example.com, so be sure to check your spam/junk folders).
During the course/conference, it's important that you keep complete records of attendance, as follows (Note that CE Participant bubble forms are no longer required):
- Be sure you obtain Name, Mailing Address, Email and ASHA ID from each registrant
- On the day of the course, provide a sign-in sheet with space for attendee Names and Contact Info (phone &/or email). Make sure all attendees sign the sheet.
SUBMIT SIGN-IN SHEET AND REPORT OF COURSE PARTICIPANTS:
Within 10 days following the course, promptly submit a Report of Course Participants and your Sign-In Sheet to OSHA:
- Make a copy of your Sign-In Sheet. Keep one copy for your records, then scan and email a second copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create a Report of Course Participants using the Excel spreadsheet template provided in the link. Include all course attendees who wish to participate in the ASHA CE Registry. Fill in the required information for each participant, then email to email@example.com.
When OSHA receives your completed Report of Course Participants and Sign-In Sheet, we will process the information and send to ASHA for recording. ASHA must receive all forms within 45 days following the course.
AWAIT ASHA ROSTER:
At this point, ASHA will process the forms and record the CEUs for each participant. BE PATIENT! It can take several weeks before the credits appear on participants' transcripts.